New response to your request ‘Persecution of whistleblower Brian Pead by corrupt Lambeth officials’
From: FOI team
Lambeth Borough Council
31 May 2016
Our reference: IR155466
Dear Mr. Edward Martin
Freedom of Information Act 2000
Thank you for your request received on 3 May 2016.
We refer to your Freedom of Information request dated 30 April 2016. The
Council is progressing its response to your request, but will require
further time to provide this response. On that basis, it will not be
possible to reply to your request today, but the Council will provide its
response to you within the next few days.
1. How much did it cost the Lambeth taxpayer to take Mr Pead to Court in
July 2013 and apply for a permanent gagging order?
2. How much did it cost the Lambeth taxpayer to apply for committal
proceedings at the High Court in July 2013?
3. How much did it cost the Lambeth taxpayer at the Employment Tribunal in
4. Why did Lambeth Council reinstate a female teacher who had been
dismissed for child grooming, racism and bullying in an all-girls’ school
(and then suspend an innocent and successful Head Teacher)?
5. I understand that Cathy Twist – clearly a person of dubious character
considering she presided over the unlawful dismissal of TWO Head Teachers
(perhaps even more) – is still employed by Lambeth Council. Please
6. How much did Lambeth Council pay Mary White to engineer the dismissal
of Brian Pead in 2007?
7. How long did Maryn Murray remain employed at Norwood School for Girls?
8. Who was the Chief Executive Director(s) of Lambeth in the period
9. Why did Lambeth Council NOT report child grooming and other abusive
behaviour broguth to its attention by Brian Pead to the Police in 2006?
10. Is Beverley Williams still scared to talk about what she described as
“appalling treatment of Brian Pead”?
11. Brian Pead and Michael Bird wrote to the Prime Minister in 2012
applying for the OBE to be stripped from Phyllis Dunipace for approving of
the unlawful dismissal of Brian Pead and James Walker – what is the
current status of her OBE?
12. Members of the Shirley Oaks Survivors Association have personally
thanked Brian Pead for his work in helping to expose child abuse at
Lambeth – is the Council aware of this organisation?
13. Retired counsellor Anna Tapsell attempted on many occasions to bring
child abuse to the attention of Lambeth Counsellors – why was no action
14. Brian informs me that Lambeth Council are interfering with his pension
and that the Teachers’ Pension Authority spuriously claims that Brian owes
THEM the sum of £25,000 – strangely this occurred after he reported child
abuse. Please provide me with copies of ALL communications between Lambeth
Council and the TPA – and before you try to avoid that request through
your usual “legal engineering”, I have a signed Form of Authority from
Brian Pead giving me permission to acquire such information on his behalf.
15. When did Barry Gilhooly leave the employ of Lambeth Council?
16. When did Derek Langan leave the employ of Lambeth Council?
17. Is it true that Colin Hill of the Open Learning Centre for Vocational
Studies had had numerous allegations against him of a sexual nature
against Lambeth children?
18. From documents in Brian’s possession, it is clear that Annabel Field –
a former teacher at the Pupil Referral Unit – had written to Cathy Twist
and stated that her witness statement had been altered in an attempt to
dismiss Brian – please confirm or deny.
19. Brian’s MP – Sir Henry Bellingham (also my own MP) – has now stated on
the public record that Brian was NEVER guilty of a sexual offence or of
the alleged harassment of his family members and that he should never have
been sent to jail. Why did Cathy Twist mysteriously drop the spurious
claim that Brian Pead had been masturbated in a theatre?
20. Can you confirm or deny that, should Brian Pead be unlawfully arrested
and illegally imprisoned AGAIN for his work against Lambeth Council and in
seeking Justice and Truth for the many abused children (and adults) in
Lambeth, that his illegal incarceration will have nothing to do with
Lambeth or its corrupt councillors?.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which your Freedom of Information
request has been dealt with you can request an internal review by
emailing: [Lambeth Borough Council request email] (Please quote the reference number above) or
by writing to:
Freedom of Information Officer
Lambeth Town Hall
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of the review you have a
further right to appeal to the Information Commissioner, who regulates the
implementation of the Freedom of Information Act. The Commissioner can be
contacted at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Enquiry line: 0303 123 1113
Thank you for your interest in Lambeth Council.